Main Function & Scope
This is a key role within the business, with responsibility for strengthening our regulatory insight and influence to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities, through participation on relevant associations across our portfolio.
The position requires a close relationship with key stakeholders within the business, particularly in the operations and energy markets team to ensure that we have the market knowledge, relationships and influence required to implement our business strategy. The successful candidate should have a solid knowledge and understanding of different energy market systems across the jurisdictions in which we operate, and the ability to build relationships with advisors and peers to ensure that this is up to date and to maximise our influence as a business.
This role will report directly into our Head of Legal & ESG.
- Develop a strategy to ensure that we strengthen our regulatory insight and influence to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities, through participation on relevant associations across our portfolio.
- Review and manage our membership of energy market associations in different jurisdictions, making decisions on whether our involvement should be proactive or reactive.
- With a developed understanding of our business strategy, consider the best approach for Ventient to take in different jurisdictions – whether an active influencer, or a recipient of information.
- Identify and develop relationships with external advisors able to provide legal and market advisory services to us (complimentary to the Regulatory Engagement Management role).
- Liaise with internal country representatives accountable for regulatory work per country (and attendees to local associations) to ensure that our input and position in each country is complimentary to our strategy and aligned across the group.
- Bring together group wide knowledge and understanding on regulation and energy markets to present to the Executive Committee and Board on our position, risk mitigation, opportunities and strategy.
- Assistance with energy market diligence required for any acquisition.
- Involvement in portfolio groups sharing energy market knowledge and experience.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Good team player, able to build trust within the team and the wider business, and with advisors.
- A flexible approach to working requirements.
- Dedication to achieving both personal and team goals and a drive to succeed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Broad regulatory and energy markets knowledge and understanding in different jurisdictions.
- Good commercial awareness and ability to liaise with different members of the business and our legal and market advisors.
- A willingness to provide solutions, and to expand expertise.
- Experience in regulation of power markets
- Experience and a strong interest in the renewables / power sector.
- Experience in building and maintaining internal and external relationships, co-ordinating advice to ensure an effective scope of work.
- Experience in regulation of the UK and Iberian power market.
Education & Qualifications
Degree in Business or equivalent
Microsoft Office Suite
Infrequent European Travel
Main Working Contacts
- Head of Legal & ESG
- Head of Strategy & Energy Markets
- Management team
- Organic Business Development