Main Function & Scope
The successful candidate will be part of one of the largest non-utility investment platforms in the Renewable energy sector in Europe, owned by a leading Infrastructure Fund. The candidate will be actively involved in the execution of M&A transactions. Main responsibilities will involve coordinating and supporting the Due Diligence process, deal execution and notably conducting financial modelling. The candidate will report to the Investment Director and to the Investment Managers.
- Development of robust financial models for renewable energy projects, focusing on model integrity, sensitivity analysis, key assumptions review and valuation.
- Coordinate Due Diligence processes for investment targets, including the management of the data room and liaising with third parties (ie. advisors, sellers, etc)
- Liaise with technical, legal, insurances and tax advisors, including the preparation of RFPs, negotiation of arrangements, coordination of analysis and review of the due diligence reports extracting conclusions and actions from them
- Assist in originating, execution and closing of M&A transactions
- Assist in screening and evaluating financing and investment opportunities
- Actively participate in the preparation and presentation of investment documentation and recommendations for internal approvals.
- Scrutinize transaction documents to ensure compliance with internal criteria and models
- Assist in financial and operational reporting on a project and portfolio level to C-Level, Shareholder and Board members
Competencies & Behaviours
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines that can occur in multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to pursue goals beyond what is expected
- Get things done attitude and capacity to take decisions and work with some degree of autonomy
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills, with advanced modelling Excel skills
- Exceptional organizational, program management and coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must.
- The ideal candidate must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Spanish is very desirable but not a key requirement. Knowledge of French, German or any other European language would be an advantage.
- More than 3 years’ experience in M&A, Project Finance, or Business Development roles – with proven ability of building and operating financial models independently.
- Previous experience in Energy and/or Infrastructure sector;
- International experience would be desirable as the position is covering a wide set of countries.
- Renewables experience will surely be a plus.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, engineering and/or business major; MBA or CFA will be a plus