Main Function & Scope
Responsible for achieving commercial value across the Ventient portfolio by establishing a Procurement function delivering scale benefits.
- Lead and manage a Procurement team to deliver an efficient value adding procurement function for Ventient.
- Review existing procurement systems, develop policies and procedures to establish a procurement centre of excellence within Ventient.
- Lead on the high value, complex Procurement and Sourcing Projects in the areas of O&M and PPAs, indirect procurement- putting in place optimum contract structures, driving costs savings, commercial value from contracts, and minimising Value at Risk.
- Working with the COO, lay out options and recommendations for O&M contracting strategy and options for new, enlarged Ventient going forward, feeding into the Unified Framework five-year strategic plan for Ventient.
- Lead on the delivery of insurance across the portfolio, working with third party brokers identifying opportunities for costs savings and reducing the risk profiles, feeding into the Unified Framework five-year strategic plan for Ventient.
- Implement contract management system to evaluate O&M supplier performance, establish management structures in O&M and drive best value from new and existing O&M contracts.
- Develop relationships and influence key internal stakeholders in Asset Management, Asset Performance, Engineering, and Commercial to achieve the business objectives, and build awareness of the business on the value of Procurement.
- Managing the tender exercises for all key contracts, particularly maintenance contracts. Working with key OEMs and independent service providers to help secure the best commercial value for the business. Lead negotiations with tendering parties, co-ordinating internal resources to support the negotiations and ensuring the timely delivery of new contracts for internal and lender approval.
- Working with the COO, Head of Asset Management and Head of Asset Performance in establishing a review of the longer-term commercial maintenance strategy for the business
- Reviewing current spend, and investigating alternative supply chain options to help leverage the new scale and commercial opportunities available for the enlarged portfolio, ensuring best practice across the two portfolio.
- Developing a procurement strategy and establishing supply chain options for the procurement of Major Components. Working with the Asset Management and Engineering teams to ensure availability of parts, management of the supply chain and optimisation of Working Capital.
- Managing the tender exercise for new Power Purchase Agreements and working with the COO and the senior management team to procure new agreements for the portfolio.
- Supporting the COO and senior leadership team in evaluating new business and growth opportunities and establishing new contracts for new assets entering the portfolio.
- Responsible for the overall learning and development of line reports in line with career aspirations and business objectives.
- Working with the Asset Management team to help address any failures in existing contractor’s performance, and where appropriate, co-ordinate any responses to improve performance and ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
Skills & Knowledge
- Broader commercial understanding than just a price negotiation.
- Strong financial skills and the ability to analyse different contract structures, model fixed and variable costs and the potential impact on the Owner’s working capital through different commercial solutions.
- Track record for negotiating new maintenance contracts for operational wind farms and securing the best commercial value for the owners. The ideal candidate will have experience in procuring spare parts for operational wind farms, negotiating new O&M contracts for existing wind farms and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Drive and excellent organisational skills.
- Although not essential, an understanding of Power Purchase Agreements, the different sources of income, and experience of negotiating and implementing new Power Purchase Agreements in the renewables industry would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with the operational side of a wind business and an ability to work with an Asset Management team, interact with them, and deliver improved contracts that they are going to manage.
- Experience of developing and managing an in-house procurement function.
- Procurement experience which includes establishing new supply chain options
- Proven capabilities working with engineering colleagues and delivering solutions that meet the engineering requirements of the business in addition to the commercial needs.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)