Main Function & Scope
To lead the Asset Management Team and manage the Ventient Energy Asset Portfolio located across the UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium and Germany.
- Primary driver of a programme, continually updated, for identification of new sources of value from within the portfolio identification and management of risk.
- Co-ordination of in house and third-party teams to ensure the identification and execution of initiatives from the above.
- Cross fertilisation of ideas and disciplines with the business development team to ensure that both within business development and our existing portfolio there is a value driving and risk mitigation discipline.
- Forming strong relations with third parties providing services to the Portfolio in addition to the MSA provider, in order that value, and risk opportunities are recognised and addressed.
- Support key day to day decisions, identifying key issues that need internal resourcing, and interacting and project managing activities with relevant internal decision makers.
- Reviewing key operational performance, including analysis of asset performance and where applicable, co-ordinating more detailed commercial and technical analysis.
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects – both initiatives led by the MSA providers and Ventient deployed initiatives.
- Project management, tracking of actions and delivery of performance improvements.
- Management of HSE and ESG issues. Co-ordinate HSE resource from Ventient/third parties to gain assurance of HSE performance in line with Ventient expectations.
- Coordinate ESG assets management and co-ordination of actions to support GRESB
- Management of the portfolio P&L. Analysis of key revenue and cost variances, and liaison with Finance team on P&L variances versus budget and impact on cash flow.
- Focal point for portfolio budget, five-year plan and interface between Ventient’s finance, operational teams and the MSA providers.
- Provide support to Commercial Energy team to help ensure that the energy market fundamentals in each of the countries are reviewed, working providers and external parties, to ensure that energy market risks and opportunities are comprehensively reviewed, and that appropriate agreements are in place to optimise revenue and minimise risk.
- Analysis of portfolio budget and NAV model, and identification of risks and opportunities, and ownership for an action plan of deliverables, including risk register.
- Management of risk register and implementation of action plan to manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide support to the Procurement Manager and COO to help inform operational strategy for the portfolio, review of contract structures and recommendations on suitable contract structures for the portfolio to deliver the best possible returns.
Education & Qualification
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business
- Fluent in English
Competencies & Behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong and effective management style of people and stakeholders.
- A positive and inspiring attitude and approach.
- Experience in reporting to C-Suite and External shareholders.
- Commercial experience and strategically astute.
- Leading teams of multi-disciplinary nature.
- Negotiation skills.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects.
- Assist with implementation of sustainability strategies and practices across the group.
Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish, French and German
- Running a strong and internationally diverse (European) portfolio of wind/renewable assets and high ESG discipline.
- Significant onshore wind asset management experience with 10+ years of experience.
Some European and UK Travel