Main Function & Scope
To provide proactive, efficient and confidential administrative and secretarial support services primarily to the executive leadership team but also to other members of the Management Team and to the Operations Team. This role will report into the COO but will work closely with the Executive Assistant for CEO and CFO.
1. Maintain and provide support to the Executive Leadership (ExCo) team
- Managing their daily schedule, including forward planning of workload, diary management, coordinating and collating any relevant paperwork, flagging items for attention, compiling and monitoring action logs, preparing responses and drafting correspondence.
- Arranging appointments and meetings for the ExCo, other members of the Management team and Operations teams are required. This includes scheduling diaries for attendees to meetings of Board Sub-Committees.
- Preparing material for Board meetings and ensuring that Board papers are submitted on time to the Diligent board management portal.
- To service meetings, including preparation and dissemination of meeting papers, obtaining and preparing briefing materials and presentations, and taking minutes when requested / where necessary and following up on actions.
- Organise travel arrangements for ExCo, other members of the Management team and Operations Team as required. This will include the preparation of travel itineraries, hotel bookings and arranging flights, trains and taxis in accordance with the company Travel & Expense Policy.
- Preparing documents for the executive to include (but not limited to) preparing, formatting, editing and summarising reports; drafting / writing / editing letters, reports, memos and emails; compiling data for reports; creating PowerPoint presentations; transcribing dictation; and proofreading.
- Advise the executive leadership of impending work deadlines for both internal and external commitments e.g. reports, presentations, conferences, projects, Board papers.
- Screening phone calls, taking messages and ensuring the executive responds to telephone messages.
2. On behalf of the ExCo, submitting expense claims to the Finance team, reconciling expenses and credit card statements and arranging for the payment of invoices.
3. To provide a confidential and efficient filing system (manual and electronic) in accordance with company procedures and GDPR requirements.
4. Adhoc Administrative Duties
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail for executives and others in the organization, including arranging courier services.
- Prepare and maintain the corporate calendar for the company.
- Execute any other duties as directed by members of the executive leadership team, reacting to changes in diaries and anticipating changes that will impact others.
5. Project management of company events.
Competencies & Behaviours
- A confident and clear communicator who can liaise with executives at all levels in the organisation and maintain confidentiality and discretion
- An effective relationship builder who can build and maintain relationships with employees, management and senior executives
- Highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work
- Excellent attention to detail and an effective team player who is prepared to provide support outwith own area as and when required.
- Proactive and a great problem solver with a solution focussed approach
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A confident minute taker
- A good track record in a similar Personal / Executive Assistant role
- Experience of preparing and editing Board papers and associated documents
- Experience of using Diligent board management portal (although not essential)