Ventient is a leading non-utility generator of onshore wind energy in Europe, focused on long-term sustainable growth through asset acquisition, unrivalled know-how in asset management and operation and conscious ESG choices.
We’re maximising returns for investors through the experienced, efficient and sustainable management and operation of our assets. Our sustainable growth is driven by our passions for the people, the environment, and excellent environmental, social and governance policies and practices across the whole business.
Our financial strength and industry experience allow flexible and innovative approaches to asset operation and acquisition.
Our exceptional operational skills allow us to successfully operate assets of any age, to maximize safe energy production and asset life. We are committed to building collaborative relationships with our partners, ensuring the safest environment possible for everyone to operate and to deliver outstanding results.
Main Function & Scope
A key role within a busy and expanding legal team, with a strong focus on corporate and financial aspects of the team scope.
The position requires and provides for the development of a wide range of legal, management and communication skills through (i) assistance with all types of legal work, but particularly from a commercial contract and corporate point of view and (ii) the co-operation with internal commercial managers, and (iii) the provision of advice to internal stakeholders on various legal, risk, compliance, and regulatory matters.
- Support the legal team to provide timely and relevant advice to other teams within the Ventient business in relation to onshore wind projects to ensure successful operations.
- Managing processes for M&A and financing transactions, including drafting and advising on transactional documentation (NBOs, NDAs, SPA, financing term sheets etc) and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely execution of transactions.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a range of project contracts (including power purchase agreements, maintenance contracts and operational management contracts) and manage a variety of complex legal services as required.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of key corporate and legal documentation, including precedent legal documents, database and physical signed contracts.
- Help to implement legal strategies, group policies and procedures and governance solutions, together with the implementation of shareholder portfolio level policies.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in relevant legislation and regulation and advise senior management on the same.
- Assistance with company secretarial duties for the company as required.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Good team player, able to build trust within the team and the wider business.
- A flexible approach to working requirements.
- Dedication to achieving both personal and team goals and a drive to succeed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good commercial awareness and ability to liaise with different members of the business.
- A willingness to provide solutions, and to expand expertise.
- Experience and a strong interest in the renewables/power sector.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate Corporate and Project processes.
- Good working knowledge of standard office technology and legal database systems.
- Familiarity with Company Secretarial type work.
- Exposure and an understanding to Corporate and Financial processes.
- Property Law experience.
- In-house experience.
Education & Qualifications
- At least 1 to 2 years PQE experience.
- Law degree (LLB) and Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (or English equivalent)
Main Working Contacts
Head of Legal & ESG, Legal Manager (UK, Germany & Spain), Legal Manager (Portugal, France & Belgium), Internal Commercial Managers.