As a member of the Asset Management Team and reporting to the Regional Asset Manager for the region, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe optimal technical and commercial performance of the wind farm asset, through the delivery of all planned and corrective maintenance within appropriate time, quality and cost parameters within your region.
As the Asset Manager of the wind farm, you will have responsibility to ensure an operating strategy to maximise the total life cycle performance of the asset is implemented and is represented in your operating budget that you will generate, which focuses on the profitability on the wind farm
You will be responsible for the Safety of all persons on site, ensuring all works are performed to the appropriate Regulations or Legislation
- Responsibility for the effective Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards across the portfolio of wind farms under your management.
- Ensuring that all persons accessing and working across the wind farms have adequate site inductions and the necessary competencies
- Ensuring the application of the necessary Safety Rules and other health and safety management systems are implemented and adhered to across the wind farms
- Regular audit and inspections of contractors on site, ensuring compliance against the necessary regulations and legislations
- Ensure that all Safety incidents are documented in the necessary time frame. Where required, incidents are investigated, providing conclusions with recommendations where appropriate
- Emergency planning across the wind farms under your management, with regular exercises to prove the effectiveness of this planning
You will ensure the performance of all contractors are maintained to a high standard, works are completed in line with the scheduled plan and to a high quality. You will deliver a professional approach during all stakeholder engagement requirements.
- Ensure scheduled work plans are implemented for all sites under your control, having a focus on maximising generation of each wind turbine
- Ensuring that the activities of all contractors across the wind farms are carried out in a timely, safe manner and in alignment to the contract
- Ensuring that good working relationships are maintained with key stake holders i.e. Landowners and Community Funds through regular communication and liaison.
- Regular contractor audits are fulfilled to ensure governance against contract deliverables are maintained
- Performance management is regularly reviewed and discussed with the contractors on site, highlighting improvement areas where required
- Procurement of works will be in line with company procedures, ensuring timely payment of all invoices
- Project management of works on site to ensure that they come in on time and in budget with limited effect on site performance
You are responsible for operating the plant to high levels of safety and quality. Ensuring that all wind farms operate to Best Practise, through focus on technical availability of the wind turbines to maximise generation output
- You are responsible to operate the wind farms under your control to Best Practise in all areas, focusing on high levels of technical availability, whilst maximising the generation output of each wind turbine
- You can identify the risks that could impact achieving performance targets and implement mitigations to prevent the risks occurring
- Carrying out regular checks and inspections on all contractors to ensure that their activities are being completed safely and to a high standard as required by internal requirements, any statutory needs and / or best practice benchmarks.
- You will achieve authorisation under the Ventient Energy HV Safety Rules as a Senior Authorised Person and have responsibility of undertaking and controlling switching activities on site.
- You will co-ordinate component exchanges, ensuring they are done safely and efficiently, minimising the impact of lost generation through effective works planning and implementation
- Investigate major outages to develop lessons learnt to prevent re-occurrence
You will be responsible for delivery of works on site to a defined budget. All works will be delivered safely to a high quality whilst maximising profit
- Generating accurate budget on an annual basis for all Operating and Capital expenditure across the site
- Operating the wind farms within your control in line with the above budgetary expectations.
- Managing and understanding the budgets, identifying and communicating all variances to the proposed site budget
- Regular reviewing of the budget, providing reforecasting costs at regular intervals through the operating year
- Focus on delivery of Performance improvements designed to improve the profitability of the wind farm with no impact on Safety or Quality
- Production of an Operational monthly report, detailing Asset Management activities and performance on each site.
- Working closely with the Operational Analysts to ensure that any turbine performance issues are identified, discussed with and ultimately addressed by the turbine services providers.
- Generation of written business cases to support initiatives