Main Function & Scope:
As an FP&A and strategic projects analyst you will support the Head of FP&A delivering the following two key areas:
- Day to day FP&A deliverables including providing support on month end performance reviews, forecasting and budgeting processes, analysis on the cost base and the identification of opportunities
- Management of the portfolio of strategic initiatives in coordination with the rest of the business, supporting management with monthly reviews and providing essential input into the Group’s quarterly valuation
The day-to-day support on FP&A deliverables will include:
- Working closely with accounting counterparts and treasury to build cross-function relationships outside finance, to ensure they are informed on asset performance, commercial, technical, finance, legal and all risks and opportunities coming from all those areas.
- Play lead role in continuous improvement, with ongoing appraisal and re-evaluation of FP&A systems and processes to efficiently achieve objectives.
- Create, maintain and utilise financial planning models for forecasting and “quick turn” scenario planning
- Ensure planning and forecasting processes for specific country portfolios are achieved with speed, accuracy, agility and accountability
The management of the strategic portfolio of initiatives will include:
- Review of the initiatives with business owners supporting them in the documentation of their initiatives and understanding and reporting progress on each initiative
- Ensuring strategic initiatives are aligned and consistent with the quarterly valuation model prepared by FP&A peers
- Reporting on progress on a regular basis on the whole portfolio of initiatives
- Ensuring alignment with the shareholders Unified Framework strategic methodology
- Support Head of Planning and Analysis to establish FP&A and Finance systems and processes to analyse and manage performance of European operating portfolio ensuring risks and opportunities are identified, communicated and embedded into future forecasts.
- Delivery of Monthly and Flash MI and provide financial insight and analysis of European performance including analysis of company, region, country, asset profitability to EBITDA level
- Ensure tight financial control is maintained over the business in relation to key financial ratios and performance indicators. Propose actionable insights on KPI performance including banking covenants monitoring in conjunction with Treasury team.
- Run the strategic portfolio of initiatives office, coordinating meetings with business partners and supporting them with a hands-on approach to fulfil their duties in relation to each initiatives.
- Prepare on a regular basis reporting of the progress being made with the strategic projects to management which allows decision making in relation to prioritisation of strategic projects and their impact on the valuation of the company.
Competencies & Behaviors:
- Strong business partnering skills and ability to build cross-function relationships
- Organized, methodical proactive individual with excellent attention to detail who follows best practice protocols in financial reporting and analysis
- Working with European Partners
Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to adapt to change and operate in a dynamic fast-growing organization. Able to manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Experience of building, maintaining and utilising Excel financial business planning models for budgeting and forecasting
- Methodical and well organised, able to coordinate key outputs of a significant number of projects
- Outstanding influencing and communications skills
- Experience of project finance structures and debt covenants
- Strong finance systems experience (Consolidation, Planning)
- Microsoft Dynamics experience
- PowerBI experience
- Proven track record in preparing effective reporting and analysis on P/L and cash flow performance, key value drivers and risks while increasing accuracy and efficiency in the process
- Experience of multi-site, multi geography business
- Energy Industry Experience
Education & Qualification:
- Qualified Accountant (at least 5 years PQE)
- Portuguese, Spanish, French languages
- Excel Financial Planning Models
- Excellent Powerpoint for reporting to senior management
- Adaptive insights
- Microsoft Dynamics
- PowerBI experience