Main Function & Scope
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of initiatives within the Ventient portfolio of indirect sourcing. The role will sit within the Procurement team and report into the Commercial & Procurement Manager.
1. Procurement and Contract Management
- Create, develop and implement a procurement strategy for all indirect spend including office leases, IT, transport, marketing, maintenance and facilities management across Ventient's offices in Edinburgh, Lisbon, Madrid and any future offices.
- Develop and improve ethical and responsible sourcing to align environmental, price and quality factors into a best practice sourcing model for all indirect spend.
- Develop processes to support indirect spend.
- Lead contract negotiations, supplier onboarding/performance management and development across all indirect spend categories.
- Providing accurate forecasting of all indirect costs.
- Create a Contracts Register to review and maintain contracts for all relevant indirect spend categories.
- Review spends across all indirect categories and delivering on cost savings.
3. Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide commercial and contractual support to local teams, which includes in house HR, IT for the negotiation and procurement of IT goods, services and contracts, internal administration, Legal and Asset Management teams.
- Develop and grow relationships with key external suppliers for all indirect categories.
- Outside of the wind farms, support the procurement of other key purchases for Ventient, working with the functional teams to ensure the efficient procurement of key items, supported with the appropriate contractual arrangements to protect Ventient.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Good track record of negotiating contracts and commercial terms.
- Proven capabilities of working with diverse colleagues from varying skillsets.
- Driven and self-motivated individual
- Excellent organisational skills
- Clear communicator
- Collaborative style and approach
- Track record of delivering value
- Ensure best practice across indirect procurement
Skills & Knowledge
- Broad commercial understanding of managing indirect spend categories.
- Relevant experience in a similar field
- Strong understanding of indirect services and a capability of successfully managing stakeholders across the whole business.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Business Management/Supply Chain
May require travel to other office locations.
Main Working Contacts
Office Administrator/Receptionist, HR, IT, Procurement team, Legal and Asset Management teams.