Ventient is a leading non-utility generator of onshore wind energy in Europe, focused on long-term sustainable growth through asset acquisition, unrivalled know-how in asset management and operation and conscious ESG choices.
We’re maximising returns for investors through the experienced, efficient and sustainable management and operation of our assets. Our sustainable growth is driven by our passions for the people, the environment, and excellent environmental, social and governance policies and practices across the whole business.
Our financial strength and industry experience allow flexible and innovative approaches to asset operation and M&A.
Our exceptional operational skills allow us to successfully operate assets of any age, to maximize safe energy production and asset life. We are committed to building collaborative relationships with our partners, ensuring the safest environment possible for everyone to operate and to deliver outstanding results.
Reporting into the Southern European Portfolio Manager (SEPM), this role will be accountable for managing the relationship with Ventient’s third party asset manager and ensuring the correct supervision, management, and performance of our Spanish portfolio (349MW). This role will have direct responsibility for representing Ventient’s Asset Management interests, while interfacing with various stakeholders, both internal and external.
Will be a member of the Team managed by the SEPM with the responsibility for the assets located in Spain, France and Belgium. His participation may be occasionally required for the support of the other countries.
This role will lead the operational strategy of pro-active maintenance within the region, focusing on delivery of safe optimal technical and commercial performance.
- Degree in an Engineering or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent speaking in Spanish and English
- Fluent speaking in Portuguese or French (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Running a strong diverse portfolio of wind/renewable assets under investment and high ESG discipline
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight
- Availability to travel regularly in Continental Europe and Infrequent UK Travel
- Onshore wind asset management
- Knowledge and experience of Wind Turbines Ecotecnica ECO100 (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- Spanish work experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing third parties
Third Party and Contractor Management
- Leading and managing third party managers on a day-to-day basis, to deliver a high standard of performance
- Ensure that our third-party managers are fulfilling their contractual obligations to deliver strong operational performance and safe and reliable operations through:
- Monitoring delivery of the key actions ongoing with O&M contractors
- Site visits and audits with the Asset Manager and O&M contractor to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations and gain assurance on the operational integrity of our fleet
- Analysis of operational data to review performance and help identify areas for improvement, working with the third-party manager and where appropriate utilising specialist support within Ventient to deliver the results
- Acting as the central point of contact for operational matters in Sapin for Ventient, working with colleagues to deliver Ventient’s goals on availability, HSE, ESG and improving the long-term value of the portfolio
- Working with the third party manager to ensure that Ventient have a full record of all key contracts, technical data and design information
- Providing leadership for Ventient on Stakeholder Management in Spain, and developing a database of all key stakeholders for each of the wind farms, and Ventient’s obligations to be fulfilled
- Acting as the central point of contact for Ventient with regards to any on-going claims or disputes, ensuring that these are resolved quickly in line with Ventient’s expectations
- Forming strong relations with third parties, providing services to the Portfolio in addition to the MSA provider, in order that value and risk opportunities are recognised and addressed
Performance Improvement Projects & Cross Collaboration
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects – both initiatives led by the MSA provider and Ventient deployed initiatives
- Cross fertilisation of ideas and disciplines with the business development team to ensure that both within business development and our existing portfolio there is a value driving and risk mitigation discipline.
What we offer:
- Professional and personal development in a dynamic and growing company.
- Remuneration compatible with function and skills.
- Pack of perks and attractive benefits.