Ventient is a leading non-utility generator of onshore wind energy in Europe, focused on long-term sustainable growth through asset acquisition, unrivalled know-how in asset management and operation and conscious ESG choices.
Ventient Energy is part of a portfolio of renewable companies who are owned by an Infrastructure Investment Fund, advised by JP Morgan Asset Management. We take a long-term outlook on the ownership, operation and growth of our company which is driven by the needs of our stakeholders.
At Ventient Energy, we work hard to optimise operational excellence, delivering strong financial results while ensuring the highest levels of health and safety performance.
A key role within a busy and expanding legal team, to be our first legal counsel in Spain mainly focusing on all legal aspects of our growing portfolio in Spain but also supporting on our European portfolio wide-projects.
The position requires and provides for the development of a wide range of legal, management and communication skills through (i) assistance with all types of legal work, but particularly from a commercial contract, project development and corporate point of view, (ii) the co-operation with internal commercial managers, and (iii) the provision of advice to internal stakeholders on various legal, risk, compliance, and regulatory matters.
1. Support the legal team to provide timely and relevant advice to other teams within the Ventient business in relation to onshore wind projects to ensure successful operations.
2. Advise on permitting requirements, especially in the context of the colocation of PV plants under the hybridization regime.
3. Draft, negotiate and advise on a range of project contracts (including power purchase agreements, leases, maintenance contracts and operational management contracts) and manage a variety of complex legal services as required.
4. Provide support on processes for M&A and financing transactions, including advising on transactional documentation and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely execution of transactions.
5. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of key corporate and legal documentation, including precedent legal documents, database and physical signed contracts.
6. Help to implement legal strategies, group policies and procedures and governance solutions for Ventient Spain, together with the implementation of shareholder portfolio level policies.
7. Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in relevant legislation and regulation and advise senior management on the same.
8. Assistance with company secretarial duties for the company as required.
Competencies and behaviours
Skills & Knowledge
Education and qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years PQE experience
- LL.B Degree or equivalent
Main Working Contacts
Legal Manager (UK, Germany & Spain), other members of the legal team, Organic Growth team, Asset Management team and other internal commercial managers.
Occasional travel within Spain, and to Edinburgh and Lisbon.
Your application was submitted successfully.