Main Function & Scope
Our Luxembourg Company Secretary will be responsible for all management and administration associated with the Luxembourg entities in our group structure, which will include duties connected with our TopCo Board and Subcommittee meetings - the review, drafting and publication of our Board and Subcommittee documentation.
The role will report directly into the Group General Counsel and will work closely with the Ventient Executive Committee and our Ventient Board. They will support with general company secretarial obligations for our Luxembourg entities, general queries relating to contracts to which those entities are party and KYC requests.
The Company Secretary must have a developed understanding of Luxembourg company law, and secretarial and governance requirements. They must also be capable and willing to take responsibility for office management, acting as first point of contact in the Luxembourg office and provide administrative support to the Luxembourg team.
This role is based in Luxembourg.
Board and Company Secretarial:
- act as Company Secretary, assistance with the end-to-end process of Board (convening quarterly meetings), attending meetings and minuting as required;
- administrative and filing of corporate documents / files and invoices, etc.;
- assist the Ventient Executive Committee (‘ExCo’) with any processes run in Luxembourg or in relation to our Luxembourg entities (including formalities such as notarizations and apostils);
- liaise with Luxembourg authorities, notaries, etc.;
- provision of guidance as to how the company should be directed, managed and controlled to ensure compliance;
- training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters as required;
- implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation
- keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation;
- ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved;
- providing support to the board or other committees on specific projects; and
- ensure appropriate oversight of company secretarial services provided by relevant service providers.
Provide hospitality arrangements including the provision of catering for meetings, accommodation, or travel arrangements for Board members.
- manage invoices and purchase orders;
- opening, sorting and distributing mail for the Luxembourg office, including the organisation of courier services;
- act as primary contact for day-to-day office needs;
- keeping the office efficient and organised and fully stocked with office supplies; and
- with the support of the procurement team, manage and coordinate with vendors and contractors, planning for purchases, upkeep of workstations, furniture and employee suppliers and liaise with IT team or contractors.
Providing project management support & stakeholders:
Being flexible and working with the wider admin team and the project team when it comes to company-wide events, Board dinners or Executive Committee meetings.
Ad-hoc administrative duties:
- prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, and other documents; and
- assist other teams with ad-hoc administrative duties, occasionally providing cover for other team members.
Competencies & Behaviours
- A strong team player who is prepared to support outside of their own function area as and when required.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and use own initiative, a self-starter.
- Effective relationship builder who can build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- Ownership of end-to-end processes.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong minute taking skills.
- Experience with preparing Board and subcommittee papers.
- A developed understanding of Luxembourg company law, and secretarial and governance requirements.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English (fluency / proficiency in Spanish French, Portuguese and / or German a plus).
- Similar experience in corporate secretarial services or a similar role.
- At least 2 years of working in an office environment.
Education & Qualifications
Degree or equivalent in Administration or Business, with exposure to and understanding of Luxembourg corporate law.
- Computer literate with high competence in Excel and PowerPoint or equivalents and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Diligent software desirable.
Infrequent UK and European travel