Context & Scope
Ventient is a leading non-utility generator of onshore wind energy in Europe, focused on long-term sustainable growth through asset acquisition, unrivalled know-how in asset management and operation and conscious ESG choices.
Our vision is to generate renewable energy to secure the future of people and the planet.
Our mission is to achieve sustainable growth through acquisition, operational excellence and teamwork allowing our people and communities to safely innovate and thrive.
Ventient has more than doubled its size through acquisition and is now present in six European jurisdictions. These represent a mix of merchant and fixed tariff exposures, regulatory and operating regimes, together with an increasing of exposure of the current asset base to merchant exposures over the next five years.
We want to ensure, through acquisition and management of our asset exposure, that we maintain a highly focused, professional and proactive approach to maintaining long-term cash stability and value at risk, that is well understood through the company, to the board and shareholder.
Main Function & Scope
The role will be responsible for the maintenance, operation and development of the finance and treasury systems utilised across the Ventient group, also as a processes harmonization, documentation, and improvement tracking owner.
The role will provide support to the finance team to ensure effective operation and the delivery of a high-quality service to the wider business. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the systems infrastructure, by proactively identifying new system and process improvement. Process mapping and measurement, documentation harmonization and management, identification of best practice, define the target operation process, improvements tracking, new entities transition support.
Key outputs include rolling out systems developments and upgrades, process improvements, user training, process documentation, and ensuring the integrity of the group's financial systems.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of a finance function and a keen interest in improving the way a finance function operates and its ability to serve the business as a collaborative business partner.
1. Systems Administrator
Responsible for the financial systems, including (but not limited to):
- Day-to-day systems support, maintenance, update tasks, change management, manage end user queries, troubleshoot and resolve a range of detailed systems issue
- Configuration of proper systems access and operation of core finance control processes on the system, including at the user group, menu security, document security level, new supplier and customer set ups;
- Help the in-house teams to evaluate, design, plan, implement and test new requirements
- Ensure finance systems documentation is maintained and up to date, including user guides
- Provide and develop reports
- Support ERP interfaces
- Reviewing system automated workflows and batch processes to identify and resolve issues
- Maintaining the Account Structures and Accounting Calendars and create new nominal accounts / cost centres / divisions / reporting periods as required
- Responsibility for period end routines and managing period close
- Monitor routine jobs, manage and communicate exceptions
- Liaise with the Auditors at year end as required
- Prepare power BI reports as required by the business;
- Manage the functionality and performance of the finance systems, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered to both internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
- Any ITIL Management experience would be beneficial, Incident, problem, change management
- Working with the IT department and system vendor(s) to manage system upgrades, design delivery schedules of systems development and overall support model
- Working with operational systems / team ensuring consistency between systems
- Play a leading role in the implementation and maintenance of Power BI
- Review the current interfaces, forms and procedures of the system and propose solutions to streamline and reduce manual intervention
- Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Reviewing and maintaining all financial systems policies and procedures within systems are fit for purpose and are enforced, measured and monitored, and improved where applicable
- Ensure integrity of supplier payment runs and make investigations as necessary
- Maintain accurate records, filing and audit trail of activities undertaken
- Process definition and documentation management
- Support end-user training requirements in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Provide support to the wider finance function with system processes
- Delivery of system training for finance and non-finance staff, covering aspects such as core transactional processes (e.g. procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and record-to-report;
5. Improvement initiatives
- Work alongside the Financial Controller - Business Partner to provide support in the provision of timely financial information to the business
- Contribute to developing solutions to improve/automate financial processes
- Provide additional and ad hoc financial support and analysis, as required
- Processes improvement tracking
- Support to new entities transitions
Competencies and behaviours
- Self-starter - get the job done, with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player - both internally and externally
- Open and flexible to the changing demands of the organisation
- Solutions focused experience and ability to deal with multiple projects
- Project management mindset
- Ability to map process and prepare documentation
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical, numeric and critical reasoning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to identify innovative yet practical solutions to complex problems, ideally within a fast paced and changing finance department
- Ability to collaborate and train other finance staff
- Pro-active with demonstrable ability to improve processes and procedures
- Ability to manage work queues, assign priorities and escalate issues as necessary
- Good level of English
- European Language skills desirable but not essential (Portuguese / German / Spanish / French)
- D365 Finance & Operations accounting system
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros and other accounting packages
- Extensive experience with managing, operating and improving financial accounting systems and procedures and working with the third-party provider to ensure the system is working to its optimum capacity
- Clear understanding of Treasury operations, bank statements, cash management and cash forecasting
- An understanding of financial controls and reflecting these through workflows and controls on financial systems
- Experience of assisting with design and development of reports
- Processes mapping, task measurement, processes harmonization and documentation.
- Experience working in a share service centre environment
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in commerce/business/accounting or IT
- Relevant Accountancy Qualification
- Microsoft Dynamics D365
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Power BI
UK and European travel as required