Main Function & Scope:
The Head of HSE will ensure that our strong HSE culture is developed and maintained across the company portfolio ensuring stakeholders support our drive for a safe and environmentally friendly workplace whilst maintaining our Vision, Mission and Values.
You will drive strategic definition and delivery of HSE initiatives aligned with the ESG initiatives. Performance will be achieved together with team heads of country asset management, third party asset managers, contractors and Ventient staff. The successful candidate will have a proven record in delivering to the highest standards, quality HSE management with a passion for improving through lessons learned and proactive risk management, ensuring an embedded HSQE culture, raising standards and driving continuous improvement.
Identification of Ventient Energy Best Practices and deployment across all portfolios. ISO certification alignment for the complete portfolio. Ensuring full organization alignment towards meeting ESG goals. Driving GRESB evaluation for all portfolio and obtain 5 stars rating.
Drives the business HSE culture and continuous improvement
- Lead and manage Ventient Energy Heath & Safety and Environment Department
- Develop HSE strategy and business plans that lead to zero incidents and an industry leading HSE culture
- Drive safety performance and culture by building safety into process and equipment and by achieving the highest level of safety awareness in our staff and contractors
- Excellent management of third party Asset Managers and Contractors. Ability to make clear our expectations and HSE reporting requirements, and effectively manage counterparties to ensure that they deliver against our expectations and requirements.
- Provide guidance to colleagues and contractors as required, e.g. guidance on method statements, safe systems of work, updated legislation etc., transferring best practice across different jurisdictions.
- Respond and investigate accidents and incidents as required, ensuring clear investigations with identification of areas for improvement. Help ensure that there is a clear implementation of suitable corrective and preventive actions against agreed timetable. Ensure that there is clear and effective communication amongst Ventient staff and third party Asset Managers and contractors to spread best practice and lessons learned.
- Lead the drive to find HSE solutions, providing sound communication and influencing skills to achieve a balance between pragmatism and upholding the highest standards of HSE practice.
- Development and maintenance of HSE policies and procedures and ensuring their implementation across the countries
- Maintain existing ISO accreditations and further develop additional accreditations, and support through conducting audits to ensure delivery of regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Promote and support reporting and relevant regulatory requirements
- Ensure appropriate continual professional development to ensure continual review of legal, regulatory and best practice updates
- Support Environmental, Social and Governance delivery (ESG), both within Ventient and with key contractors that are directly involved in the running of Ventient’s portfolio and the communities in which they operate.
- Manage and Support stakeholder engagement with ESG / GRESB reporting process.
- Define, manage, monitor and analyse HSE performance data, acting in a timely fashion on identified trends too react in an appropriate manner to reduce accident or incident
- Manages the generation and delivery of focused performance information which can - fully inform management, strategic performance (ESG), Board and Shareholder as to progress, key issues etc
Working with Ventient colleagues to improve HSE
- Identification and management of training requirements in line with compliance and regulatory expectations
- Align the HSE training for the complete portfolio and develop education initiatives
- Management of HSE management meetings
- Delivering periodic review of the business and department targets and priority actions agreed in the strategic plan resulting in improvements to the plan ensuring corrective action required is completed
Competencies and behaviours
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability
- Results and quality focused.
- Teamworking but capable of independent work discipline.
- Directing and guiding others through good interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Cross-cultural awareness (and sensitivity).
- Experience working with IS0 9001, IS0 14001, ISO45001 management systems
- Energy and dynamism.
- An excellent knowledge of HSE Legislation and an ability to work with colleagues and contractors to ensure the highest standards of HSE.
- Good written, verbal communications and presentation skills – foreign European language (Spanish/Portuguese/French/German) would be a distinct advantage
- An ability to objectively analyse situations and develop practical solutions.
- Self-reliance. HSE staff will often be required to give specialist support to under-pressure PM and Service colleagues.
- The ability to work effectively individually, as part of the Ventient teams and with Stakeholder engagement.
Skills & Knowledge
- Multi-project and stakeholder management.
- Full Driving licence and the ability to travel extensively.
- Worked across several jurisdictions
Education and qualifications:
- Diploma or equivalent in IOSH
- HSQE – Chartered IOSH (or working to)
- Internal Auditor ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Microsoft Office Suite (with very good knowledge of Excel and presentation delivery)
Main Working Contacts:
- All country Asset Management Heads
- Technical Director
- Head of Asset Performance
- Various Management Service Providers and portfolio support functions