Main Function & Scope:
Act primarily as the project lead for the onboarding of new assets into Ventient’s portfolio, as well as improving & completing the integration of existing assets, while also supporting the Commercial Asset Performance team more generally.
- Act as the project lead for the onboarding of new assets into Ventient’s portfolio, as well as improving & completing the integration of existing assets.
- Develop a clear and repeatable framework for asset integration covering all relevant areas (technical, commercial, financial, IT, HSE systems and processes, etc.).
- Develop a strong understanding of the operational requirements of each of the internal teams (M&A, Asset Management, Asset Performance, Finance, Legal, etc.) and ensure that all are engaged early in the investment process through to the completion of handover.
- Directly support the Asset Performance Team by ensuring that all asset, SPV, and portfolio data is up to date, accurate, and available for reporting to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that operational processes for new asset managers and other outsourcers/contractors are identified and implemented. Where material risks exist, these will be highlighted as early as possible in the investment process.
- Build relationships with key outsourcer contacts to understand main business drivers, opportunities, and risks, ensuring reporting on financials, asset and infrastructure data is in place to support M&A on key decisions.
- Take ownership of ensuring that all new asset information is integrated into existing Ventient systems such as the Risk Register, Portfolio of Initiatives, Operational Data Model, Energy Markets Database, finance systems, budget templates, etc.
- Project manage handover processes from the M&A team to all other stakeholders (Asset Management, Asset Performance, Finance, IT etc.) through gathering information and organising meetings.
- Ensure that all onboarding & integration documentation is stored according to the internal processes specified.
- Work with Ventient Management team on weekly progress reporting and key execution tasks.
- Integrated in the Commercial Asset Performance department. Acting as support/backup to the existing team on all ongoing projects.
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Organised, methodical, and efficient project manager
- Clear and precise communicator
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated
Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of finance processes, accounting, and financial drivers of performance
- Ability to work with, manage, and present large datasets using Excel, Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects in a similar organisation
- Experience in a data-driven and quantitative role
- Broad technical and commercial understanding of onshore wind and solar PV technologies
- Understanding operational indicators (production, invoicing, availability, and wind resource)
- Renewable Energy asset/portfolio management (> 2 years)
Education & Qualifications:
- Project management qualification/certification
- Power BI/Tableau, Smartsheets, MS SharePoint
Main Working Contacts:
- Commercial Asset Performance Manager
- Head of Asset Performance
- M&A Team