Main Function & Scope
The Business Development Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Organic Business Development (OBD) department in all activities with a strong focus in solar photovoltaic power plants. The OBD department is responsible for the planning, design, licensing and execution of wind and solar projects. These projects aim to add value to the company’s portfolio through the development of overpowering projects, repowering and colocation with solar and wind. This role will primarily focus in Spain but also active in other countries within the company’s portfolio.
- Leading the development and implementation of new solar photovoltaic projects in Spain, including securing land and relevant permits from national and regional entities.
- Support on the identification of land plots with suitable solar resource and preliminary assessment of environmental restrictions.
- Coordination of environmental campaigns and studies associated with the solar plants under development.
- Coordination of the technical studies and submission of the required documentation to bring the project from greenfield to ready-to-built
- Responsible for the correct implementation of the projects, including managing external providers, consultants and overseeing the construction of assets
- Liaise with other departments within the company including legal, engineering and financial, including reporting of project status to the head of department
Competencies & Behaviours
- Organised and meticulous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Skills & Knowledge
- Good understanding of solar photovoltaics renewable systems
- Technical expertise of renewables energy plants and equipment such as solar modules, inverters and trackers
- Deep understanding of the permitting process of wind and solar projects, application and regulation in Spain
- Market knowledge and local regulations
- Professional experience in the renewable energy sector (developer or consultant) in utility scale photovoltaics solar projects
- 3 years of experience in renewable energy projects, preferably solar
Education & Qualifications
- Higher degree in Civil, Electrotechnical, Environmental or equivalent with expertise in renewables
- Driver license
- Fluency in Spanish and English (required)
- Previous experience in project managements and development
- Good command of the Portuguese language
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD softwares
Main Working Contacts
- Asset Performance
- Asset Management
- Procurement and Technical Departments
- Frequent travel within Spain. Other European countries as required.